- Is there a help forum? Yes, join Emulab Users.
- Who is eligible to use Emulab.Net?
- How do I start a project?
- I'm a project leader and someone applied to join my project, but they are not on the list to be approved
- How do I join a project?
- Will Emulab send me email messages?
- I have an Emulab account. Now what?
- Can I be in more than one project?
- Can I change my Emulab password?
- I'm a project leader. Can I designate TAs?
- How do I report a specific problem?
- Where do I get more help?
- Forgot your password? Resetting does not work!
- How do I change my email address?
Using the Testbed
- Is there a tutorial?
- Do you have a GUI to help me create experiments?
- Are there any constraints on my topology?
- How many nodes can I ask for?
- How long can I keep using my nodes?
- I only need a couple of nodes but none are free, should I just keep trying?
- What if I need more nodes than are free?
- Do I get root access on my nodes?
- Do my nodes have consoles I can look at?
- How do I connect directly to node consoles, without going through users?
- Can I reboot (power cycle) my nodes?
- I've clobbered my disk! Now what?
- Where do I store files needed by my experiment?
- My experiment needs access to multi-gigabyte data sets, how do I do that?
- Are my files on the "users" server backed up (filesaved)?
- Are the nodes in my experiment backed up (filesaved)?
- What is Swapping?
- How can I get switch statistics (such as packet counts) for my experiment?
- What names should I use to refer to the nodes in my experiment?
- Can I modify my experiment after creating it?
- Are there Linux and/or FreeBSD sources and packages available locally?
- How can I login to the "users" server or a node in my experiment without providing my password?
- How much permanent disk is available for my files?
- Can I specify specific network interfaces on the nodes for the links in my topology?
- So you want to teach a class using Emulab?
- What topology generators work with Emulab?
- Why can't I swap in my N node experiment, when there are more than N nodes free?
- Available network topological data
- Is there a Web Service interface for common emulab tasks?
- Can I specify the switches to use for my links?
- What kind of computers are used for my nodes?
- How many nodes are there?
- How many ethernet cards are on each node?
- How do I ask for specific hardware?
- How many nodes are currently available (free)?
- Can I do traffic shaping on my links?
- Can I modify the traffic shaping parameters on my links?
- Are there other traffic shaping parameters besides latency,bandwidth, and packet loss rate?
- Do any Emulab nodes have wifi (802.11) interfaces?
- What kind of wifi cards are used in Emulab?
- What is the current arrangement of switches and nodes?
- What is the control net and how do I identify it on a node?
- What are the limits for link shaping?
- Can I make a simplex link instead of a duplex link in an experiment?
Customizing your experiment
- How do I build a custom Linux kernel?
- Citing Emulab in papers that use Emulab
- Is Emulab Firewalled?
- Do nodes have root passwords?
- What OS do the nodes run?
- How do I select which OS to run on each node?
- Is Windows 2000 supported as well as Windows XP?
- Can I load my own software (RPMs/Tarballs) on my nodes?
- Can I schedule programs to run automatically when a node boots?
- How can I turn on routing or set up routes automatically on my nodes?
- How does my software determine when other nodes in my experiment are ready?
- Can I run my own Operating System?
- Can I share a disk image between two projects?
- What if I need more disk space on my nodes?
- Are there testbed-specific daemons that could interfere with my experiment?
- Does Emulab support IP Multicast?
- Why does my image not boot on node type Y?
- What FreeBSD kernels are available and what features do they include?
- Locking complaints during compilation
- What device drivers do I need in my operating system to run in Emulab?
- How is experiment idle monitoring done?
- Can I enable ALTQ on FreeBSD for strict priority and class-based queuing?
- How do I create an image of second hard drive?
- My experiment setup failed, what did I do wrong?
- My experiment is set up, but I cannot send packets between some of the nodes. Why?
- I asked for traffic shaping, but everything seems to be going at full LAN speeds
- I set a non-zero packet-loss (or delay) but 'ping' shows no packet-loss (or delay)
- I set a non-zero packet-loss (or delay) but 'ping' shows a different packet-loss (or delay)
- In general, how can I make sure my traffic is doing the right thing?
- I decreased the bandwidth on a link and now the ping time between the nodes has increased
- I wrote a small TCP application to test the bandwidth of a link/LAN, but I do not observe the bandwidth that I asked for.
- I wrote a small UDP application to test the bandwidth of a link/LAN, but I do not observe the bandwidth that I asked for.
- I am running a routing daemon in my topology but the daemon claims that all my nodes are directly connected!
- My custom Linux kernel won't boot, why?
- Why is the per-packet latency so high (variable) on the pc3000 nodes?
- Why isn't my multicast traffic being correctly shaped?
- Why does my NS file not parse correctly anymore?
- I got an error in my swapin that says 'Temporary Resource Shortage' - what does it mean?
- I am running into errors while working in my home and/or project directory (or subdirectories). What's going on?
- What does the warning message 'due to delay implementation, odd delay value N for LAN may be rounded up' mean?
- My program agent command did not execute, why not?
- I get a WARNING message from linktest, what does it mean?
- How does Windows XP start up in Emulab?
Setting Up a New Emulab
- I've added new nodes to the testbed but I cannot ping them, what is wrong?
- Event system: elvin or pubsub?
- Who is the administrator of per-project mailing lists?